STANDARD HARDWARE WARRANTY AND EXTENDED MAINTENANCE POLICY
STANDARD HARDWARE WARRANTY AND EXTENDED MAINTENANCE POLICY (UNITED KINGDOM)
5 MERCHANT SQUARE
LONDON, W2 1BQ
LAST UPDATED: 30 APRIL, 2018
STANDARD WARRANTY AGAINST DEFECTS
All hardware items purchased by you as an end user merchant customer directly from NCR Limited (“NCR”) or from an NCR authorised reseller include a standard 30 day non-transferable warranty against defects in manufacture, beginning on the date of purchase.
Qualifications: Hardware must be purchased new from NCR or from an NCR authorised reseller. The warranty against defects is only applicable to hardware purchased for use in the United Kingdom with the NCR Silver suite of applications. Wear and tear, damage, and misuse are excluded and not covered by this warranty against defects.
Extended maintenance is only available with the purchase of the NCR Silver Concierge subscription plan or the Total by NCR Silver subscription plan and requires an active, uninterrupted subscription to qualify. Qualified hardware items as determined by NCR receive extended maintenance coverage, extending the overall standard hardware replacement coverage to 36 months. Extended maintenance coverage commences immediately following the expiration of the standard hardware warranty period and will last for 36 months (beginning on the date of purchase). The following conditions apply:
• Single hardware items may only be
replaced a maximum of 3 times during the entire extended maintenance period, limited to a rate of once per 12 month period (with the
initial 12 month period beginning on the date of purchase). This means that hardware replacements are limited to a maximum of 3
replacements across the combination of both the 30 day warranty and extended maintenance.
o NOTE: Tablets and Apple Mac minis® will only be replaced once during the entire extended maintenance period.
• Extended maintenance works on an advanced exchange basis.
• NCR may replace defective units with refurbished units.
• Any break (cancellation, default, or breach) in the contract/service plan, billing terms, or NCR Silver Merchant Agreement will
automatically void any extended maintenance coverage.
• Extended maintenance is non-transferrable.
• NCR’s then-current retail list price (MSRP) will apply and you will be charged for any:
o Defective hardware items not returned to NCR within 30 days.
o Hardware items returned in a damaged state to NCR.
o The return of a wrong hardware item (example: wrong serial number or product).
• Hardware purchased prior to the effective date of a NCR Silver Concierge or Total service plan subscription is not covered.
• Wear and tear, damage, theft, loss, and misuse are excluded and not covered.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM
To make a warranty against defects claim in respect of any Hardware, you may contact the NCR Silver Customer care team:
• by email at email@example.com
• by telephone at 0808 1785520; or
• by mail at NCR Limited, 9th Floor, Merchant Square, London, W2 1BQ.